“In creating Kettle’s Yard, Jim Ede championed excellence, innovation and ambition in the visual arts, as well as a love of classical music performed in a domestic setting. His vision has created a unique space that fuses art with life. For many it is a place that has the rare power of changing how we see the world and our place within it.”
Andrew Nairne, Director of Kettle’s Yard
In 1966 Jim Ede gifted Kettle’s Yard to the University of Cambridge and from this original extraordinary donation we have continued to grow thanks to the generous support we have received from individuals, foundations and companies.
Why we need your support
Kettle’s Yard is an exempt charity as part of the University of Cambridge. We receive around 45% of our running costs from the University of Cambridge and Arts Council England. Every year we must raise the remaining 55% from a combination of fundraising and income we earn.
What your donation can do
All donations both large and small make a difference to what we are able to do.
A gift of £500 supports the conservation of a small painting in the collection and a gift of £1 purchases 10 paintbrushes for our education programme.
Learn more about where your support goes here
Kettle’s Yard: Looking ahead
Kettle’s Yard is currently closed for a major capital building project that will provide a new education wing, environmentally controlled galleries and improved services for visitors, including a café. Over £11 million has been raised and it is thanks to the generous support of many trusts, foundations and individuals that this project has been made possible.
For more information about Kettle’s Yard: Looking ahead please click here.